Saturday 23 December 2023

#201: Spotify Audiobooks

A cross posting from my GeoLibrary blog which has just reached its 600th post.

I have a Spotify Premium subscription, and have had for quite a few years now.

They have recently added thousands of audiobooks to the subscription, which is great news...

Many of these are of interest to Geographers and an equal number almost also connect with the themes which are likely to emerge in the GCSE Natural History.

Here's a sample that I just located from a few quick searches.

They include Brian Groom's Northerners, which I'm reading at the moment. 

This is likely to reduce my book purchasing and will also be an issue for Audible.


I'm really looking forward to listening to the Tristan Gooley book: 'How to read a Tree'. This will be of particular value for the section on woodlands and trees. I have a feeling that trees are going to be an important feature of the work that is completed by students, and as a destination for fieldwork.




There is a range of books from David Attenborough and George Monbiot.


I have also blogged elsewhere about how fantastic this book by Robin Wall Kimmerer is. Gathering Moss is excellent!

I shall aim to make a list of books for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#313: Lichens and Gravestones

Following a previous post from April. This Guardian article describes a Church of England project. It is a Citizen Science project. The ar...