Tuesday 2 April 2024

#275: Sharon Witt and Helen Clarke

I've been inspired by so many people over the years, and particularly by the conference presentations of Sharon Witt and Helen Clarke at GA Conferences, GTE and Charney Manor over the years. 

They recently presented on how we need to give attention to place, and in particular to our interactions with the 'more than human' world.


Here's some ideas for paying attention when out on a field walk, which might be of interest when it comes to planning some walks around the schoool site and immediate area to scope out its potential for a site for fieldwork, or to take part in the various activities suggested by the National Education Nature Park.


I'm reminded of this diagram, which has been shared lots of times over the years. It was taken from a newspaper article, and linked to my local area of Rotherham where I grew up - hence my additional interest in the story. It shows how the area that young people are free to wander in has shrunk over the years. I referenced this in my GA Presidential lecture as well.

Check out the work of Attention 2 Place here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#313: Lichens and Gravestones

Following a previous post from April. This Guardian article describes a Church of England project. It is a Citizen Science project. The ar...