Wednesday 9 October 2024

#380: Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2024

I love this image of tadpoles which has been chosen as the winner at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year awards. It's a reminder that the winning entry hasn't got to be some obscure exotic animal shot in the Himalayas after months of lying in wait...

The composition is superb and the arrays of tadpoles seem to have been posing. A bit Klimtish too....


Details:

A snapshot of wriggling toad tadpoles has earned Shane Gross the title of Wildlife Photographer of the Year.

Beneath a floating canopy of lily pads in Cedar Lake, Canada, a swarm of western toad tadpoles glided gracefully through the water.

“To me, the most fun that I can have, the thing that lights me up inside, is to see something new and try to photograph it in the best way I possibly can,” Shane told BBC News.

His careful movements through the delicate layer of silt and algae at the lake’s bottom ensured a clear view.

“I had no idea if I had anything good at all until I got home," he said. "But when I finally looked, I was like, wow, this is pretty cool.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

#383: Anticipatory History

A cross-posting from my GeoLibrary blog. This is a book published by uniformbooks. It explores ideas of localness and sense of place.  Antic...