Monday 26 February 2024

#247: Fungi: Entangled Life

Merlin Sheldrake's book is an important one, and I will be exploring it for the reading list. 

I will write a full review in due course and add it to the library as well once I get the chance to finish listening to it - which I will do during March.

I have an Audible copy of the book to explore and potentially use with students. The introduction to the book is an excellent start and nice introduction to the value of fungi in our lives. There is also plenty on how humans have used fungi for a range of applications from industrial to medical to recreational.



“Entangled Life is a dazzling, vibrant, vision-changing book. Sentence after sentence stopped me short. I ended it wonderstruck at the fungal world and the earth-shaking, hierarchy-breaking implications of Sheldrake's argument. This is a remarkable work by a remarkable writer, which succeeds in springing life into strangeness again.” — Robert Macfarlane

A film has been made suitable for IMAX, so I will look out for a screening of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#313: Lichens and Gravestones

Following a previous post from April. This Guardian article describes a Church of England project. It is a Citizen Science project. The ar...