Wednesday, 2 September 2026

#679: Tell us about your local FSC centre...

The nearest Field Studies Council Centre to me is Flatford Mill in Suffolk.

I've visited quite a few times over the years, and have also visited quite a few centres including Juniper Hall, Slapton Ley, Malham Tarn, Preston Montford (including for a job interview at the FSC many years back - I was unsuccessful) and the centre in East London ahead of the 2012 Olympics.

The area is linked with the famous painting 'The Haywain'.


Here's the area in 1935.

 


12 of them are residential centres.


Do you have a Natural History fieldwork recommendation?

Tell us about your local or favourite FSC centre?

If you were to be offering GCSE Natural History which ones would you expect to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#679: Tell us about your local FSC centre...

The nearest Field Studies Council Centre to me is Flatford Mill in Suffolk. I've visited quite a few times over the years, and have als...